reporting instructions for payment statistics (MATI)
The integration of payments transmission (SEPA) and the entry onto the market of new service providers are changing retail payments in Europe. These changes also have implications for the statistics to be compiled on payments transmission. Accordingly, the Eurosystem has renewed its payment system statistics and brought them within the scope of the ECB Regulation on statistics in 2013.
The Bank of Finland’s annual data collection caters to the data needs of the Bank of Finland itself, the European Central Bank, Statistics Finland and the Federation of Finnish Financial Services. The Bank of Finland is responsible for data collection and transmission. Reporting is conducted in February for the preceding calendar year. The first round of data reported to the Bank of Finland took place in February 2015 in respect of 2014.
- Reporting instructions for payment statistics, version 1.0.11 (updated 12 December 2017)
- MATI record structure, version 1.0.11 (updated 2 February 2018)
- MATI record structure, valid from 1.1.2019
- MATI codelists (XML), valid from 1 January 2017 to 31 December 2018
- MATI codelists (XML), valid from 1 January 2019
- Reporting template (not to be used as reporting forms) (updated 30 December 2015
- CSV-formatted model test file (updated 4 November 2014)
- Questions and answers (updated 30 December 2015)
- Reporting service instructions (16.9.2014)
These statistical requirements are based on
- Council Regulation (EC) No 2533/1998 (as amended by Regulation 951/2009) concerning the collection of statistical information by the European Central Bank
- The European Central Bank Regulation (ECB/2013/43) and Guideline (ECB/2014/15) regarding payment statistics
- Sections 26 and 28 of the Act on the Bank of Finland (214/1998)