Use of the Library
Use of the Library requires registration. To become registered, please fill in the application form in advance or when you visit the Library.
The Library is open subject to agreement. Please contact the library to agree a visit.
The entrance to the Library is through the side door (Rauhankatu 19B) nearest to the National Archives, where there is a signpost to the Library. At the door there is an entry phone by which customers can establish contact for opening the door. Library staff will come to meet customers in the waiting area.
Books can also be returned to the book return box at Rauhankatu 19B, 9.00–16.30 weekdays.
Not all publications can be borrowed: some are for reference only and extracts can be copied in the Library facilities. This applies to, for example, periodicals, statistical data, reference works and annual reports. The Library also provides inter-library loan services. The prices are indicated in the Library’s rules and regulations.
Books can be searched for using the Library search. The search covers Bank of Finland and Financial Supervisory Authority printed publications that can be borrowed. The search does not provide information on availability. To check the availability of a particular book, please contact the Library.
The Bank of Finland’s online publications are available in the institutional repository.
The Bank of Finland Library’s collections specialise in literature in the fields of monetary and foreign exchange policy, banking and financial markets, as well as the monetary economy in general. The Library also houses, for example, the following special collections:
- Publications of the Bank of Finland in Finnish, English and Swedish
- Publications of the European Central Bank and its predecessor, the European Monetary Institute in Finnish, English and Swedish
- Publications of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) since the 1940s
- Finnish banks’ annual reports from the 19th century to the present day
- Annual reports and statistical publications from the major central banks of the euro area
- Statistical publications of the League of Nations 1920s–1940s
- Chronicles of domestic financial and insurance companies and industrial enterprises since the 19th century
- The collection of the Bank of Finland Institute for Emerging Economies (BOFIT) dates back to the 1980s. The BOFIT collection specialises in research literature on economic reforms, monetary policies, banking systems and international economic relations in Russia, China the Baltic States and Nordic countries.
From the past
Publications over the years:
- Bank of Finland yearbook in Finnish (1914–) and in English (1921–)
- Forecasts (1980–1998)
- Bank of Finland Bulletin (1921–)
- Markka ja talous (1993–1998)
- Reports of the Parliamentary Supervisory Council (1882–1999) in Finnish and in Swedish.