The Bank of Finland fosters a sustainable economy and stability.
- The Bank of Finland is a national central bank and a member of the Eurosystem
- We maintain price stability
- We ensure the effectiveness and security of the payment system
- We promote financial stability
- We support sustainable growth and high employment in Finland and the EU
The Bank of Finland is an influential and respected central bank that maintains price and financial stability in all circumstances with the aim of promoting citizens’ well-being.
- We create added value through expertise, insightful solutions and confidence-building cooperation.
- We base our statements and decisions on knowledge, research and high-quality analysis.
- We participate in social discourse, reach our stakeholders and engage in constructive dialogue in Finland and the Eurosystem.
- We provide advanced and reliable central bank services for the changing needs of Finnish society.
- We ensure operational continuity by preparing for changes, disruptions and crises.
- We develop our expertise and working practices on a long-term basis and with an eye to the future.
- We act responsibly and in accordance with the principles of sustainable development.
- We carry out our activities effectively and efficiently, maintaining stable profit distribution to the State without jeopardising the Bank’s capital adequacy.
- We promote citizens’ knowledge of the economy, the Bank of Finland and the Eurosystem by providing understandable information.
Strategic priorities 2023–2025
- ECB monetary policy in the new inflation environment
- Preparedness and security of supply
- Future of European payment
- EU-wide review of macroprudential policy
- Contributing to domestic economic policy
- Promoting sustainable economic growth and climate goals in the EU